Friday, December 7, 2012

Countdown to the holidays......



Is that time of the year again where times seems to be racing by. Not enough hours in the day to get everything done and the dreaded yearly bound into consumerism, otherwise called Xmas shopping. I don't love it, really I don't.

Every year I tell myself. Next year I will be prepared, next year I will either make presents or buy things during the year so as not to be overwhelmed by it all. Each year I seem to leave it that little bit later. Hmmm. 

My suggestions of lets just go on holidays instead next year were not acceptable to the kids who still love that whole present opening joy of xmas morning. So, once again I find myself chanting...I can do this...I can do this......while trying not to think " I should never have done this when they were little...arghhhhh" 

Not that I am entirely a scrooge I tell you, I quite like the whole family togetherness part, just not the shopping part. Its so stressful at this time of year. Especially when you have one kid who wants everything so is easy to buy for and the other who does not know but still expects you to do a fair job of it. 

Anyway, enough of that. This week we officially became homeschoolers again. I say officially as we are now legal. We were inspected by the inspector and deemed worthy in his eyes. He was a lot more thorough in his inspection than last time. Asking lots of questions and wanting to go over everything twice. He was however, quite supportive of our choice and free with suggestions. Z after all his excuses for not wanting to go to school merely told him "Its far too noisy! School is too noisy!" So says the boy who walks around all day strumming his Ukulele loudly and this week backing it up with a bit of keyboard. 

What can I say. Thats my boy! Very logical thinking child. 

Now I better get organised for the day. Hope you are finding the countdown less stressful than I. 

Have a wonderful weekend. 

Hugs and smoochies xoxoxox

3 comments:

  1. Yes, but it's different when they're the ones making the noise!!

    I tell myself every year too that I'll start earlier. I don't :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't envy you at all! Blessings for your family togetherness time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you Karisma! We overdid it when they were little thinking it was creating wonderful memories etc, but in lean times like this year, and as they get older and harder to buy for it just becomes a chore. My two are good, they understand why things are tough this year and are talking up the family time and the traditions and the great food we'll have. I must have done something right. :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak to me! You know you want to!