Thursday, February 14, 2013

Clutter deflation...

Yep, that about sums it up. Right now at this moment I feel a bit like a deflated balloon amongst the clutter. I am sitting in my craft room looking around and thinking "get up and sort this room out". 

I mean really, its not terribly messy, just a little overcrowded. There are things in here that will probably never be used by me, so why are they even here? Hmmmm. 

I need to call in someone a little harsher than myself I think, to sort and tidy and of course force out those things I don't need, that I keep telling myself "I might use one day" which of course I probably won't. And the things that are not even mine which somehow get foisted into MY space because there was room. It must have looked a little too tidy at the time. Grrrrr.

What? You want examples? Ok, how about the two old sewing machines that were given to various daughters that they never used? The unused white board in the corner, the dolls and toys. And then there is the porta-cot. We don't have a baby and have not for 13 years so why do I have that in here? I feel like a bit of a hoarder. I was never like that when I was younger so am not sure how I ended up like this. 

I am beginning to think its because every time I clean a space and it looks good. Someone goes and shoves something in my clean space anyway. Its true I tell you. 

Last week I folded up the ping-pong table post haste to ready the front room for back to school.  We formally used this room as a dining room/study space. I had cleaned it all up and attempted to move the table back into the centre of the room only to turn and discover that this had taken over..... 



This my friends is a motor cycle trailer because you know everyone has one of those set up in their living room now don't they?  I complained, I did, and so they folded it up like this..... and I went ahead and vacuumed around it this morning. And its still there....



I give up! I am going to go and do some knitting. Have a lovely day everyone! 

Hugs and smoochies xoxox



No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak to me! You know you want to!