Sunday, November 3, 2013

Nov Day 3 - Facebook Changes

Some of you may have noticed I disappeared off Facebook. Well the Karisma in me did. Others will know I cam back under a different name. That would be my actual real life name. I was going to leave all together but was convinced by a few people to just clean up the friends list a bit. I felt terrible doing it and unfortunately managed to delete some people I did not mean to when mass deleting. If you were one of them I apologise. I was just taking off names I did not recognise or who I did not personally interact with at all only noticed later that some of my friends were missing too. I added a few back but then decided to just leave it. Most probably did not even notice I was gone. LOL

Excuses.. Excuses...

As it is want to happen on there, I had been added to various "groups" and through those groups people added me as a friend and as I don't really know most of these people I felt uncomfortable posting anything other than my yarn efforts. I decided to go back to just having people I actually know or who I have come to know a little better through actual interaction.

I also took myself off most of the groups due to spending way too much time on Facebook because of them. But mainly because I was a little sick of watching people having it out with strangers over differences of opinions over trivial matters. It seems to happen on most groups regardless of subject line. And it becomes extremely hard when you happen to know both parties in an argument and they don't know each other. People seem to forget quickly that everyones opinion is valid and deserves a listen to. I would rather just not be involved. This is my personal choice and my reasoning is personal also. No single person or event has bought me to this decision. I am just  uncomfortable with such things so have decided to distance myself a little.

So that is basically it. If you are one of those who found me gone, you can find me under my real name if you want to.

Love to all xox




7 comments:

  1. I've been struggling with that same thing on Facebook - it must be the season for arguments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel. I am very selective with my FB comments as you then get more rubbish. Much I just ignore!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that happen on my page too. I hate that. It's part of the reason I rarely post anything religious or political or controversial at all. This is how I visit with friends and family that are far away and just like visiting in person, I don't want a good time spoiled by arguments.

    I have one brother who rants about political stuff. I don't want to hear it, so I usually hide him for a while until he's cooled off. I guess I'd better unhide him now. It's been a couple of months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea you could hide stuff. Someone told me recently that you don't even have to see the groups if you don't want to . I just think I would rather stay off them all together. I still have a crochet group that I love. Occasionally even there, there is trouble but I just scroll past those ones and look at all the pretty crochet.

      Delete
  4. OK. So, I'm not finding you on FB, but it's probably me, not you. You have been invited to play FUN MONDAY ! Theme: Favorite Plant (in house or yard) I'm linking you on my post regardless if you play or not. Felt good to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I will play, I have just the plant in mind. :-)

      Delete
    2. PS Pretty sure it was me not you! I sent you a request. Pretty sure there are many more. missing off my list as well. I am hopeless.

      Delete

Speak to me! You know you want to!